Currently Trending Corsets: How To Style & Where To Buy?
Ready to rock the hottest trend of the season? Corsets are back in fashion, and we’re here to guide you on confidently wearing them. Whether you prefer a classic lace-up, a modern bustier, or a casual crop top, we’ve got the perfect corset for you.
In this article, we’ll delve into the history of corsets, their resurgence in the 21st century, and the various types available today. Additionally, we’ll provide styling tips for any occasion. Let’s begin!
History Of Corsets
Corsets date back to the 16th century when European aristocrats wore them to create an hourglass silhouette. They were made of stiff fabrics, such as linen or leather, and reinforced with whalebone or metal. Corsets were laced tightly around the waist and chest, sometimes causing health problems such as breathing difficulties, fainting, or organ damage. Over the centuries, corsets changed to reflect different fashion trends and social norms. In the 18th century, corsets became more decorative and elaborate, with embroidery, lace, and ribbons. In the 19th century, corsets became more functional and practical, with steel boning and eyelets for easier lacing.
In the 20th century, corsets lost popularity as women embraced more comfortable and natural styles, such as flapper dresses and bras. However, corsets never completely disappeared from the fashion scene. They were revived in the 1950s by pin-up models and movie stars, such as Marilyn Monroe and Brigitte Bardot. They were also adopted by subcultures such as goths, punks, and burlesque performers, who used them to express their individuality and sexuality. In recent years, corsets have become more mainstream and accessible, thanks to celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Rihanna, and Beyoncé.
Corsets are back in fashion, and they are more versatile than ever! There is a corset, whether you want to cinch your waist, accentuate your curves, or add some flair to your outfit. Corsets have a long and rich history, dating back to the 16th century when men and women wore them to shape their bodies and create a desired silhouette. Over the centuries, corsets have evolved and adapted to different trends, styles, and purposes. Today, corsets are functional garments and statement pieces that can express your personality and mood. You can find corsets in various fabrics, colors, patterns, and designs, ranging from classic lace to edgy leather.
You can also wear them over or under your clothes, depending on the look you want to achieve. Corsets are not just for special occasions anymore but for everyday wear. You can pair them with jeans, skirts, dresses, or t-shirts such as the Rural Scene Graphic T-shirt for a casual yet chic look. Corsets are not only fashionable but also comfortable and supportive. They can improve your posture, enhance confidence, and make you feel fabulous. Corsets are the ultimate accessory that can transform any outfit and any occasion.
Whether you want to cinch your waist, accentuate your curves, or add some flair to your outfit, there is a corset.
- Underbust Corsets: These corsets fit under the bust and cover the waist and hips. They are great for creating an hourglass shape and can be worn over or under clothes. Underbust corsets come in different styles, such as lace, leather, satin, or brocade. You can pair them with a blouse, a dress, or a crop top for a chic look.
- Overbust Corsets: These are corsets that cover the bust and the waist. They can be used as a bra or as a top. Overbust corsets can have straps and sleeves or be strapless. They can also have different necklines, such as sweetheart, square, or halter. You can wear them with skirts, pants, or shorts for a sexy and confident look.
- Waist Cinchers: Corsets that focus on the waist are shorter than underbust or overbust ones. They are ideal for slimming the waist and enhancing the bust and hips. Waist cinchers can be made of latex, rubber, or spandex. You can wear them under clothes for a smooth silhouette or over clothes for a bold statement.
- Corset Belts: These are corsets that are worn as belts around the waist. They are perfect for adding some edge and drama to your outfit. Corset belts can be wide or narrow, plain or embellished, buckle or lace-up. You can wear them with dresses, tunics, shirts, or jackets for a trendy and modern look.
They are not only fashionable but also functional. They can improve your posture, support your back, and boost your confidence. They can also be fun and playful, allowing you to express your personality and style.
Ways To Style It
- Choose the suitable fitting corset for your body type and comfort level. There are different types of corset, such as underbust, overbust, waist cincher, and bustier. Each has its benefits and drawbacks, depending on your shape and preference. For example, an underbust corset can be worn with any bra. In contrast, an overbust corset can provide more support and coverage. A waist cincher can create a dramatic hourglass figure, while a bustier can add some extra volume to your bust.
- Pair your corset with a skirt or pants that complement your silhouette. A corset can accentuate your curves and create a flattering waistline. Still, it would help to balance it with the right bottom. For a classic look, you can wear a pencil skirt or slim-fit pants that hug your hips and legs. For a more casual look, you can opt for a flared skirt or Wave Print Joggers Pants that add movement and contrast to your outfit.
- Layer your corset with a jacket or cardigan for warmth and style. A corset can be worn as a top, but you can layer it with other pieces to create different effects. For example, you can wear a denim jacket or a leather jacket over your corset for a cool and edgy vibe. Or you can wear a cardigan or a blazer over your corset for a cozy and chic vibe.
- Access your corset with jewelry, shoes, and bags matching your mood and occasion. A corset can be a statement piece by itself, but you can also enhance it with accessories that suit your style. For example, wear pearls or diamonds with your corset for a glamorous and elegant look. Or you can wear some boots or sneakers with your corset for a fun and casual look. You can also carry a clutch or a tote with your corset for a practical and fashionable look.
We hope you enjoyed this article on trending corset tops and how to style them. Corsets are a fashion statement and a way to express your personality and creativity. Whether you prefer a classic lace-up, a modern zip-up, or a daring leather one, there is a corset for you.
You can find a variety of corsets at Tinysparkshop, where we offer high-quality products at affordable prices. Take advantage of this opportunity to spice up your wardrobe with a corset that suits your style and taste. Visit our website today and order yours before they run out!